- Dr. Ron Ross – Fellow, NIST & 2019 ICIT Pioneer
- Ron Thompson – ICIT Contributor & Chief Data Officer and Associate CIO, NASA
- Steven Pruskowski – ICIT Contributor & CISA, ST&E Federal Lead, Department of Homeland Security *
- Daniel “Danny" Holtzman – ICIT Contributor & Cyber Technical Director, Department of the Air Force
- Moderator: Nick Sinai – Insight Partners, Harvard Kennedy School, Obama White House (former US Deputy CTO)
- Joyce Hunter – Executive Director, ICIT & Former Deputy CIO for Policy and Planning, USDA
DevSecOps and the need to accelerate your ATO: Does it work for the Government today?
As Agencies develop more online services and systems to meet the mission of the Government, their appetite and need to develop and deploy applications rapidly continues to grow. Many Agencies are embracing DevSecOps and cloud services as a way to release these applications quickly; however, the need to meet compliance standards (i.e. RMF, STIG, FISMA, HIPAA, etc.) to obtain their Authority to Operate (ATO) can slow down the process, or lead to exhaustive POAMs.
We have invited a panel of experts from the Industry including: Dr. Ron Ross – Fellow, NIST, Ron Thompson – Chief Data Officer and Associate CIO, NASA and Steven Pruskowski - CISA, ST&E Federal Lead, DHS, Nick Sinai – Former US Deputy CTO and Insight Venture Management, LLC to discuss how Government agencies take advantage of rapid development/deployment techniques, such as DevSecOps, while meeting their ATO and security requirements in the same timely fashion. These distinguished panelists will highlight real world examples of how this is being achieved in Govt today, while addressing live questions for you, our participants.